Job: Operations Automation Expert – DevOps Engineer
Duration: Full-time job
Start date: Immediately
Location: Dubai, UAE or KSA
Apply: CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Democrance is a SaaS insurance technology company working to make insurance accessible and
affordable to consumers via digital channels.
We have automated the entire value chain of insurance sales from marketing to claims
processing, resulting in a substantial increase in sales efficiency of insurance campaigns,
allowing insurers to reach new market segments at no upfront cost.
We work alongside leading global insurance providers to support their product and process
innovation, in a bid to increase and complement their sales channel performance, enable them
to capture their digital–savvy customers, while at the same time making insurance accessible
and affordable for those who need it most but can afford it least.
Our digital platform brings together key industries, including insurance and telecommunications
companies as well as organizations which have large and previously untapped customer bases,
allowing uninsured or under–insured populations to buy, pay for, use and claim for insurance
simply using their mobile phone.
We work with 25 insurance companies (of which 3 of the top 10 insurers) across 16 markets in
Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Latin America from our HQ in Dubai,UAE.
Democrance is primarily built on Django and Vue.js, with a celery backend for sending and
processing SMS and other notifications. The application uses a combination of the Django
admin interface and a Vue.js admin area for operations, but has a number of public endpoints
that are used for interfacing with our customers’ front ends. The application has been under
development for around five years, and is reasonably mature, but has plenty of interesting
development work left. Currently we’re running on multiple cloud vendors, use ansible for deploy
orchestration and automation along with gitlab for source control and continuous integration.
Git branches & rebasing are our friends.
We’re looking for someone with in–depth experience both cloud and bare metal deployments,
going from Linux system administration, to orchestration tools like ansible/terraform, and
creating disaster recovery plans, as well as auditing security. Experience with multiple cloud
vendors a plus. You are someone who will meticulously document processes either through
code, or config, and disseminate that information so you can go on holiday knowing the rest of
the team can do your job. You care about not having data breaches or data loss, and making
sure all details are double checked and reproducible consistently. You are able to manage and
perform regular audits of security critical configuration and report on these.
● You are passionate about what you do, energetic and resilient
● You enjoy both working independently and as part of highly motivated and
● You have excellent communication skills, documentation is second nature
● You are a tech guru but you also enjoy the business side of what you do
● You have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills – a passion for root
cause analysis and problem resolution
● You are interested in Financial Technology and financial inclusion as a way to improve
living standards of lower–income communities
● You have some start–up experience or mentality at least J
● You like sleeping at night, so your monitoring and automation skills ensure that you do.
● English required, Arabic a differentiator, and other languages most welcome!
● BSc in Computer Sciences or related field
● Know what to monitor, and how to ensure you and the team are aware of issues long
before the customer is.
● Ability to work in a fast development environment and quickly adapt to changes
● Proven working experience with cloud orchestration tools, shell scripting where
appropriate, python a plus.
● AWS and other cloud provider experience
● Experienced with database configuration, backup and recovery, ideally PostgreSQL
● Server hardening and security experience a plus
● Knowing what an RTO and an RPO are, and how to design systems to meet them.
● Writing excellent documentation, and ensuring everyone understands it and knows
where it is.
● Ability to review security guidelines, make new recommendations and own the security
Apply now at