LatAm Sales Director
LatAm Sales Director
Positon: Full Time with initial six months’ probation period
Start date: ASAP
Location: flexible in LatAm
Apply: CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with position name in title
Democrance is a SaaS insurance technology company working to make insurance accessible and
affordable to consumers via digital channels.
We have automated the entire value chain of insurance sales from marketing to claims
processing, resulting in a substantial increase in sales efficiency of insurance campaigns,
allowing insurers to reach new market segments at no upfront cost.
We work alongside leading global insurance providers to support their product and process
innovation, in a bid to increase and complement their sales channel performance, enable them
to capture their digital-savvy customers, while at the same time making insurance accessible
and affordable for those who need it most but can afford it least.
Our digital platform brings together key industries, including insurance and telecommunications
companies as well as organizations which have large and previously untapped customer bases,
allowing uninsured or under-insured populations to buy, pay for, use and claim for insurance
simply using their mobile phone.
We work with 25 insurance companies (of which 3 of the top 10 insurers in LatAm) across 16
markets in Latin America, Middle East and Africa and South-East Asia from our HQ in Dubai,
UAE. In Latin America, we have clients in Mexico and Colombia.
The Sales Director is in charge of expanding Democrance business with insurance companies in
the Latin America region, with an initial focus on Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Brazil. The
ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in Enterprise SaaS (Software-as-a-
Service) sales and will have a strong network within large insurance companies in the region.
Primary success metric is exceeding sales targets.
• Map out new client opportunities across the LatAm region
• Implement and own an effective solution sales process
• Own the business development cycle in the region from lead generation, qualification,
preparing of business cases, all the way to closing
• Deliver presentations and demos of Democrance’s platform to potential clients
• Work with Product, Technology and Customer Success teams to understand how
Democrance’s platform can solve client problems and enhance their sales performance
• Seek out, build and maintain relationships with senior leadership at client
organizations to influence strategic business decisions
• Keep up to date on the evolution of the customer’s ecosystem, their industry and our
What We Are Looking For
• Experience selling Enterprise SaaS or Technology solutions to insurance companies
• Ability to build and maintain senior relationships within target client organizations
• Knowledge of the insurance industry and the decision-making structure and key
stakeholders of insurance companies
• Ability to plan sales and execute business development plans
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to articulate a complex, solution-based value proposition and to
ask and answer practical and technical qualifying questions
• Ability and flexibility to work across geographic and cultural boundaries – most of our
team sits in the UAE (10h ahead of Mexico!)
• 5+ Years of sales experience in enterprise SaaS and/or Technology solutions sales
• Fluent in English and Spanish – Portuguese a plus
• In your application, please mention some deal examples you closed in your career (please
provide company/client names and detail your role in closing it, the timeline, size of the
What We Offer
• A dynamic and exciting start-up environment – we’re a team of 35 around the world
and you will be employee #1 in LatAm!
• The opportunity to work for a meaningful cause
• The potential to grow in one of the most promising InsurTech dedicated to emerging
markets in the world
• A degree of freedom and flexibility to shape the role and experience all sides of a growing
• Flexible working hours and locations
• Full-time role with health insurance and an attractive sales incentive package
Apply now at