Product Owner / Manager
Job: Product Owner / Manager
Duration: Full-time job
Start date: Immediately
Location: UAE or KSA
Apply: CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Democrance is an insurance technology company working to make insurance accessible and
affordable to consumers via mobile and digital channels.
We have automated the entire value chain of insurance sales from marketing to claims
processing, resulting in a substantial increase in sales efficiency of insurance campaigns,
allowing insurers to reach new market segments at no upfront cost.
Our digital platform brings together key industries, including insurance and telecommunications
companies as well as organisations which have large and previously untapped customer bases,
allowing low-income, uninsured or under-insured populations to buy, pay for, use and claim for
insurance simply using their mobile phone.
We work alongside leading global insurance providers to support their product and process
innovation, in a bid to increase and complement their sales channel performance, enable them
to capture their digital-savvy customers, while at the same time making insurance accessible
and affordable for those who need it most but can afford it least.
We are seeking a collaborative Product Owner / Manager to oversee the creation and
development of new products and usable experiences, and in addition, improve existing
products. Moreover, the Product Owner / Manager will be responsible for conducting market
research, guiding the development of prototypes and collaborating with designers, front-end
and back-end software developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Work with the Management to help refine the product vision, strategy, design,
implementation, and innovation to deliver value to both the customer and the business.
● Prioritize and lead the execution of innovative product development together with
Design and Engineering while assessing business value and aligning with strategy.
● Manage cross-functional coordination to test and validate new ideas, features and
capabilities through all release phases including requirements, design, specifications,
development timelines, and deployment
● Identify new product improvement opportunities.
● Interface cross-functionally with Sales and Customer Success to align new and future
● Consult market research materials and sales data to ensure that products are viable and
● Integrate user and usability research, market analysis and customer feedback into the
product development roadmap
● Drive differentiated value propositions and pricing optimizations
● Develop or support development of product sales strategies and partner with the
creative team to execute needed materials for effective product marketing.
● Responsible for improving the productivity and effectiveness of the business by
identifying problems and creating solutions.
● Manage and present the product roadmap to all relevant internal stakeholders as well
as at high-level meetings with current and potential customers.
● Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
● Lead product squad events (e.g. daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review)
● Actively manage the JIRA backlog defining user stories and acceptance criteria and
refining with the team
Who should apply?
● 5+ years of relevant experience.
● Product Owner Certificate is a plus.
● Experience with UX/UI Design and Development.
● Experience in both e-commerce and B2B products.
● Experience in SaaS environments.
● Experience in the Insurance’s sector is mandatory.
● Experience in Financial Services sector is a plus.
● Knowledge of tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin, InVision, Balsamiq, Sketch, Flinto
is a plus.
● Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences.
● Have proven outcomes in building and growing multiple product lines.
● Excels at resolving urgent competing priorities and meeting project deadlines.
● Ability to make hard product decisions and follow-through with those decisions. And the
wisdom to know when to rethink decisions.
● Ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and lead work from concept to
● Excellent organizational skills when it comes to defining, delivering, and documenting
items in projects.
● Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Industrial Design, Engineering, or a related field.
● Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
● Fluent in English.
What we offer
● A dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
● The opportunity to work for a meaningful cause.
● The potential to grow in one of the most promising social startups in the region
● A degree of freedom and flexibility to shape the role and experience all sides of a growing
● Flexible working hours and locations.
Apply now at