UX/UI Designer Lead
Job: UX/UI Designer Lead
Duration: Full-time job
Start date: Immediately
Location: Dubai, UAE
Apply: CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Democrance is an insurance technology company working to make insurance accessible and
affordable to consumers via mobile and digital channels.
We have automated the entire value chain of insurance sales from marketing to claims
processing, resulting in a substantial increase in sales efficiency of insurance campaigns,
allowing insurers to reach new market segments at no upfront cost.
Our digital platform brings together key industries, including insurance and
telecommunications companies as well as organisations which have large and previously
untapped customer bases, allowing low-income, uninsured or under-insured populations to
buy, pay for, use and claim for insurance simply using their mobile phone.
We work alongside leading global insurance providers to support their product and process
innovation, in a bid to increase and complement their sales channel performance, enable
them to capture their digital-savvy customers, while at the same time making insurance
accessible and affordable for those who need it most but can afford it least.
The UX/UI Designer Lead will be engaged in all phases of the design development lifecycle:
customer and end user engagement, creating application system models and participating
in design meetings both internally and with customers.
The UX/UI Designer Lead combines research and design skills to develop physical and
online/mobile interactions of customers.
The UX/UI Designer Lead creates clean, elegant, and user-centered designs based on
business needs and customer feedback.
● Deliver customer-centric products UX/UI iteratively and incrementally from a
solution design perspective
● Work on improving creative processes and helps developing innovative ideas and
● Determine the layout of the navigation and how customers should interact with it
● Determine scope and time of work for creative design
● Develop site-maps, cohesive user interface architectures, wireframes, workflow
diagrams, interactive mockups and prototypes
● Collect usability requirements (e.g. from usability sessions with business and other
stakeholders) and incorporates feedback into user experience enhancements and/or
new features, including navigation/usability
● Research interaction design & latest technology trends and share with team
● Lead and run usability testing
● Interact with solution architects and programmers to develop a prototype of new
features and products
● Comply with sprint backlog in terms of activities prioritization
● Attend the daily stand-up meeting
Who should apply?
● Portfolio of design projects accessible online.
● 5+ years of relevant experience.
● Experience designing both e-commerce and B2B solutions.
● Experience in SaaS environments.
● Experience in the Insurance / Financial Services sector is a plus.
● Knowledge of tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin, InVision, Balsamiq, Sketch,
● Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences.
● Ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and lead work from concept to
● Excellent organizational skills when it comes to defining, delivering, and
documenting items in projects.
• Proven ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries, to work with
complex customers, involving multiple stakeholders and potential partners involved
in the ecosystem.
• You thrive on working across a number of different clients and projects in an agile
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Fluent in English.
What we offer
• A dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
• The opportunity to work for a meaningful cause.
• The potential to grow in one of the most promising social startups in the region
• A degree of freedom and flexibility to shape the role and experience all sides of a
• Flexible working hours and locations.
Apply now at